The Glen House at Sunday River - Amenities of a 5-Star Resort & Spa With the Conveniences of Home
The Glen House at Sunday River is the ultimate year-round luxury estate home, spa, and entertainment destination wrapped into one magnificent vacation rental estate. It's privately nestled into the most picturesque spot on the Sunday River Golf Course in the Mahoosuc Mountains of Maine. It's ideal for extended family vacations, reunions, special occasions, holidays, and retreats.
The Glen House sleeps 26 in 9 Bedrooms, with plenty of space to spread out and relax. In addition to the endless year-round activities the Bethel/Newry/Sunday River valley has to offer, the house itself is a destination. Amenities & entertainment options include a Movie Theater, Pool, Arcade, Sauna, Spa, 3 Kitchens, 4 Bars, Rec Room w/ Basketball, Ping Pong, Pinball, Air Hockey, Shuffleboard, Sauna, Billiards Room, 2 Hot Tubs, 2 Steam Rooms, Volleyball, Treehouse Playground, 2 Firepits, 8 Spa-Inspired Bathrooms, and Chess Loft, as well as free access to members only Lake House with canoes and kayaks, gym, year-round outdoor heated pool, tennis, sledding, and discounted golf.
September - May, non-holidays, Rent 4 nights, get the 5th free, or rent 5 nights get 2 free!
A few of the features of this magnificent home include:
- 9 large beautiful bedrooms
- 8 custom spa bathrooms, an outdoor shower, and 2 Jacuzzi soaking tubs
- Sleeps 26 in private luxury
- 3 Gourmet kitchens (the huge main kitchen even has 2 dishwashers, a 5’ Viking stove, a built-in coffee center, a wine fridge & 14' bar), then there is another fantastic kitchen on the 1st floor and an outdoor kitchen by the pool (and another grill on the deck)
- Dining room seating for 26+
- 20-seat authentic movie theater with 120” screen, popcorn Machine and stocked vintage theater candy dispensary, reclining leather theater chairs with cup holders, all Directv premium channels and sports pack, Hundreds of Movies including the newest releases
- Game room, Pool Table, mahogany foosball table, Wii, X-Box One, board games, Poker table, outdoor basketball, volleyball court
- Entertainment Garage – modern unheated space filled with rustic elegance and fun! Jurrasic Park Pinball machine, Shuffleboard, cocktail table Arcade with 50 video games like PacMan, etc., Air hockey, mini golf, Ping pong table, indoor competition basketball, fair-type Bouncy House, giant connect 4, and a garage full of games, snow shoes, sleds, toys, crocket, etc.
- Whole-house Audio system.
- Highspeed WIFI throughout the house, decks, and pool areas.
- Office with computer and printer.
- 2 beautiful steam rooms with custom murals, rain showers, body sprays, and massage showers for the ultimate spa experience!
- 4-person infrared Sauna
- 2 Hottubs. One overflows into the pool (seasonal) and the other is perched on the 3rd floor of the turret. Watch the game on the TV while relaxing in the hot tub overlooking the world. What could be better?
- Sports Bar with a copper sink, ice maker, beer fridge, TV and surround sound. There are 3 other bar areas as well!
- Piano, Chess nook, poker table
- Screen porch overlooking the pool, playground, and golf course – perfect for evening cocktails or a cool lunch
- An outdoor gas Fire Pit on the main deck to warm up to on a cool winters night with some drinks and good company
- A towering stone gas Fireplace in the greatroom, with a built-in TV over the custom hearth.
- The most incredible Playground you have ever seen, designed by Daniel Woodlands! It is a hollowed-out fallen redwood tree you climb up through to get to the crazy tree house on top. Off that are the slide, monkey bars, swings, trapeze, spring horse (large enough for adults to enjoy), etc. all in the middle of a giant sandbox, complete with beach toys!
- A 20’x40’ custom Heated Pool with an overflowing hot tub SPA. Every corner of the pool has built-in benches with jets and the parents will love wading on the large roman steps. Open mid/late April to mid/late October.
- Free access to the country club's year-round heated Pool, ice skating, Lake House, Kayaks, Canoes, discount golf, cross-country skiing, gym, etc.
- 3 VIP Parking Passes for front-row parking at South Ridge base lodge
- Optional In-house Massage services – let one of our recommended masseuses treat you to a total message with relaxing music and aromatherapy without having to leave the pleasures of the house!
- Optional daily Housekeeping
- Optional Personal Chef
- Optional Stocked Pantry
- Concierge hospitality
- Baby and toddler supplies – Don’t bother packing all those toys, bedding, and extra necessities for the little ones. We’ve got it!
- Air Conditioning
- 2 sets of washer/dryer
- Premium linens and bedding
- Pet Friendly- for most breeds of adult dogs with an additional pet fee. Use the hot outdoor shower to give them a dog bath after hiking the waterfalls!
- Every wall and floor is soundproofed to allow mid-day naps and comfortable solitude among a house full of family and children.
- The 3-acre property is incredible, privately situation along the entire length of the first hole, close to the clubhouse (walk for lunch or your tee time), a babbling brook with mini-waterfalls right through the yard and the most stunning views to be had of the Jordan ski slopes and moreover the Mahoosuc Mountain Range and Old Spec.
- Multiple living and playing areas allow you to all sit together and watch a movie or catch up with good company on old times, or retreat to your own private space for some quiet relaxation.
- The house itself is an artistic masterpiece, built by the finest craftsmen, cabinet makers, and artisans out of exotics woods such as curly and tiger maples, sassafras, marabou, cherry, etc. You’ll find custom mosaics, hand-crafted wrought iron entry doors, etched glass theater door, hand-carved trim work, and other incredible detail throughout. It has been professionally furnished with a gorgeous mixture of fine antiques and hand-crafted rustic motif furniture. There is nothing less than premium quality in this home from the décor to the Viking appliances.